The TDI Extended Range course provides training and experience required to competently utilize air for dives up to 55 metres / 180 feet that requires staged decompression, utilizing nitrox mixtures or oxygen during decompression. The objective of the TDI Extended Range course is to train divers in the proper techniques, equipment requirements, and hazards of deep air diving to a maximum of 55 metres / 180 feet utilizing nitrox mixtures or oxygen for staged decompression.
- Minimum age 18
- Certified as a TDI Advanced Nitrox Diver and TDI Decompression Procedures Diver, or equivalents
- Provide proof of a minimum of 100 logged dives, of which 25 must be deeper than 30 metres / 100 feet.
Open Water Execution
- Four dives with a minimum accumulated bottom time of 100 minutes
- All dives must be deeper than 30 metres / 100 feet with 2 dives deeper than 40 metres / 130 feet
- A maximum of 2 dives from advanced wreck course may be credited towards the total dives required, at the instructor’s discretion
- TDI allows instructors to structure courses according to the number of students participating and their skill level
- The minimum number of classroom and briefing hours is 8.
Contact us for more information