We are happy to announce that we passed the health checks and following the COVID-19 precautions and preventive measures approved by the council of ministers, we now obtain the hygiene safety certificate.
Egypt resumes international flights starting from the 1st of July 2020 in three coastal governates (South Sinai, Red Sea and Matrouh).
Following the new measurements to stop the spread of COVID-19 you will have to anticipate the following changes in our dive centre:
- Only pre-bookings are accepted!
- Additional mandatory diving related medical health declaration form/covid-19
- Only divers are allowed in the dive centre which is maximum running on 50% capacity
- Protective face masks inside the dive centre and transportation vehicles are obligatory
- 6 fixed disinfection stations (70% alcohol gel) are mounted permanently in the dive centre
- Tables are 2m apart, chairs are 1m apart
- Disinfection station for equipment
- Masks, Regulators and BCD Inflator hoses are transported in a separate bag to/from the dive site
- Used equipment is stored separately from disinfected equipment
- “germ” hot spots will be cleaned regularly during the day
- Staff is wearing additional to their face mask gloves while working on the filling station or while doing equipment maintenance
We want to help contain the spread of the virus but at the same time we want to watch out for our environment, so please, if possible:
- Bring your own reusable masks
- Bring your own reusable drink bottle to use our water dispenser
- Bring your own pen
Some of the new regulations which you have to expect when entering Egypt (please check the official channels before your trip as they will be revised continuously)
- you must fill out a health declaration form
- proof of a valid international medical insurance that covers your stay in Egypt
- there is no general quarantine when entering Egypt
- please check with your air carrier for their safety protocols
- currently protective face masks are mandatory in public buildings and transportation vehicles
- make sure with your home country what the re-entering requirements are
- stay updated
Important information for divers who have been COVID-19 positive:
- Divers who have tested positive with COVID-19 but have remained completely asymptomatic, should wait ONE month before resuming diving.
- Divers who have had symptomatic COVID-19, should wait at least THREE months before applying for fit-to-dive clearance conducted by a diving medicine specialist.
- Divers who have been hospitalised with or because of pulmonary symptoms in relation to COVID-19, should wait at least THREE months before applying for fit-to-dive clearance conducted or coordinated by a diving medicine specialist, with complete pulmonary function testing (at least FVC, FEV1, PEF25-50-75, RV and FEV1/FVC, and an exercise test with peripheral oxygen saturation measurement) as well as a high resolution CT scanning of the lungs.
- Divers who have been hospitalised with or because of cardiac problems in relation to COVID-19, should wait at least THREE months before applying for fit-to-dive clearance conducted or coordinated by a diving medicine specialist with cardiac evaluation, including echocardiography and exercise test (exercise electrocardiography).